[IP] Google: Responding to the "Campaign for Accountability" report on academic research
Add Reply
DAVID FARBER
2017-07-11 23:54:56 UTC
Date: July 11, 2017 at 6:21:58 PM EDT
Subject: [ NNSquad ] Google: Responding to the "Campaign for Accountability" report on academic research
Google: Responding to the "Campaign for Accountability" report on academic research
https://www.blog.google/topics/public-policy/responding-campaign-accountability-report-academic-research/
Today the Campaign for Accountability released a report about
our funding of academic research. It claims to list hundreds
of papers we've "in some way funded." The report is highly
misleading. For example, the report attributes to Google any
work that was supported by any organization to which we belong
or have ever donated (such as CCIA). Nevertheless, we're
proud to maintain strong relations with academics,
universities and research institutes, in our own name, so we
wanted to take a few moments to respond to the report.