[IP] Re Sign onto EFF's comment to the FCC on their net neutrality proposal
Dave Farber
2017-07-06 22:56:27 UTC
Date: July 6, 2017 at 5:32:59 PM EDT
Subject: Re: [IP] Sign onto EFF's comment to the FCC on their net neutrality proposal
In the interest of equal time and full disclosure, everyone on the list deserves to read -- and have an opportunity to sign onto -- comments which have been filed by the hard working ISPs and network engineers who actually do the hard work of bringing Internet to end users. These comments can be found at
https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1050997938918/70%20WISPS%20Letter.pdf
and
https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1051164734733/Ex%20parte%20letter%20-%20Reversal%20of%20Open%20Internet%20Order.pdf
and explain in detail why the findings contained in the FCC's Notice of Proposed Rule Making are correct and pertinent. (Readers should also read the FCC's fact sheet, which summarizes the NPRM, at
https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-344614A1.pdf
to get the whole story.)
My small, innovative wireless ISP -- the first of what is now an entire industry -- never could have started had the regulations for which EFF is advocating were in place. And it is in jeopardy of having to shutter its doors and leave thousands of users without Internet connectivity should the regulations remain in place. I urge readers of this list to consider our situation before signing onto a document put forth by a lobbying group which has no actual experience in providing Internet to the public but only in lobbying for its benefactors' agendas.
--Brett Glass
Dave Farber
2017-07-07 11:42:48 UTC
I don't recall seeing this list of 40 ISPs and other network service
providers (including at least one WISP) in support of the current rules
from a fortnight ago.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/06/isps-across-country-tell-chairman-pai-not-repeal-network-neutrality

Cheers,
Chris
[...]