[IP] Anti-drone technology
Dave Farber
2017-07-13 15:37:58 UTC
Date: July 13, 2017 at 10:07:26 AM EDT
Subject: Anti-drone technology
Dave-
For IP, if you wish, as a follow up on earlier listserv discussions of drone geofencing software.
New NASA Tech Kills Trespassing Drones Without Touching Them
New NASA Tech Kills Trespassing Drones Without Touching Them
A self-destruct mode, for when your drone does something it shouldn't.
It seems to me that this solution, like so many other proposals I've seen, fails to address the true bad actor scenario. Even if its installation were mandatory, terrorists and others could disable or override the software on commercial drones - or simply build their own drones without the software.
Mark