[IP] Re Australia plans law to force tech giants to decrypt messages
Dave Farber
2017-07-14 11:04:00 UTC
Date: July 14, 2017 at 6:42:47 AM EDT
Subject: Re: [IP] Australia plans law to force tech giants to decrypt messages
This is despite the advice from past head of GCHQ Robert Hannigan and Max Hill QC the UK's independent reviewer of anti terrorism legislation.
https://www.linx.net/public-affairs/former-gchq-head-criticises-governments-approach-to-encryption
Christian
Dave Farber
2017-07-14 11:02:49 UTC
Date: July 14, 2017 at 6:52:25 AM EDT
Dave, for IP, if you wish
matters of life brought me in the italian parliament for this term.
we had similar discussions and I explained (many of) my colleagues what steganography is.
http://blog.quintarelli.it/2015/11/circa-internet-e-sorveglianza.html
("an experiment at the house")
https://goo.gl/vcEEvq
unfortunately, I have little doubts that sooner or later they will forget...
ciao, s.
*Date: *July 13, 2017 at 9:52:19 PM EDT
Australia plans law to force tech giants to decrypt messages
http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article161310228.html
The Australian government has proposed a new cybersecurity law
to force global technology companies such as Facebook and
Google to help police by unscrambling encrypted messages sent
by suspected extremists and other criminals. Prime Minister
Malcolm Turnbull said on Friday the law would be modeled on
Britain's Investigatory Powers Act, which was passed by the
British Parliament in November and gave intelligence agencies
some of the most extensive surveillance powers in the western
world.
- - -
The fastest way to speed adoption of secure end-to-end crypto
applications -- by terrorists, criminals, and eventually, all us honest
folks.
Archives <https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/247/=now> <https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/rss/247/24698215-c6dd89bb> | Modify <https://www.listbox.com/member/?&> Your Subscription | Unsubscribe Now <https://www.listbox.com/unsubscribe/?&&post_id=20170714061908:DCFCFD2C-687D-11E7-B781-BC553A6CD204> [Powered by Listbox] <http://www.listbox.com>